FN 509 Midsize with TulAmmo / Photo by Jack Shepherd

The House Oversight Committee is ramping up its investigation into firearm manufacturers and will now be requesting that the CEOs of several major firearm companies come before the committee to testify.

The CEOs of three major firearm companies all received letters from Representative Carolyn B. Maloney (D-NY), the committee’s chairwoman, asking them to come and testify before the committee. The CEOs that have been asked to go before the committee are; Mark Smith (Smith & Wesson), Marty Daniel (Daniel Defense), and Christopher Killoy (Strum, Ruger & Co.).

The House Oversight Committee launched its investigation into American firearm manufacturers in the wake of several mass shootings, those CEOs that have been called to testify before the committee had their rifles used in these atrocities, or they produce some variant of the AR-15 rifle.

Rep. Maloney has also requested information regarding the gross revenue and profit from AR-15 sales from 5 separate companies. In addition, she has also asked that these companies hand over reports containing annual spending on advertising and marketing for these rifles, as well as reports on lobbying efforts from these companies.

Rep. Maloney has already received this information from some of the companies, which is being cited as the reason for asking the CEOs to appear before Congress.

“The information you provided has heightened the Committee’s concern that your company is continuing to profit from the sale and marketing of weapons of war to civilians despite the harm these weapons cause, is failing to track instances or patterns where your products are used in crimes, and is failing to take other reasonable precautions to limit injuries and deaths caused by your firearms,” Rep. Maloney wrote in her letter to Christopher Killoy, the CEO of Strum, Ruger & Co.

In a letter to Mark Smith, CEO of Smith & Wesson, Rep. Maloney wrote that his company had provided part of the “information and documents responsive to our inquiry, but you have refused to produce information specifically regarding semiautomatic rifles based on the AR platform, despite admitting that you keep such records.”

The first hearing held by the House Oversight Committee featured testimony from survivors of mass shootings caused by “assault rifles.”

“I am deeply troubled that gun manufacturers continue to profit from the sale of weapons of war, including AR-15-style assault rifles that were used by a white supremacist to murder ten people in Buffalo, New York, and in the massacre of 19 children and two teachers in Uvalde, Texas,” said Rep. Maloney in a statement. “Just this Monday, as Americans celebrated our nation’s Independence Day, a shooter used an AR-15-style rifle to kill at least seven people and wound dozens of others during a Fourth of July parade in Highland Park, Illinois. Products sold by your company have been used for decades to carry out homicides and even mass murders, yet your company has continued to market assault weapons to civilians.”

This investigation from the House Oversight Committee has come in the wake of several mass shootings and the massive effort from Democrats to pass gun control legislation.

Stephen Weiss
1 month ago

I think, we seriously need to look at abolishing the House of Represenatives….they are a collection of do nothing Political hacks, and accomplish nothing..Swawell, Waters, Schiff, Pelosi, Maloney….the space they take up would be better used by growing watermelons.

Clyde
1 month ago
Reply to  Stephen Weiss

Abolish Democrats better recognized as Marxist!

Andrea Lewis
Andrea Lewis
16 days ago
Reply to  Stephen Weiss

I get paid more than $100 to $500 per hour for working online. I heard about this job 3 months ago and after joining this I have earned easily $21k from this without having online working skills . Simply give it a shot on the accompanying site…

COPY AND OPEN NOW………>>> https://WWW.WORKSCLICK.Com

Last edited 16 days ago by Andrea Lewis
Sarah Greer
Sarah Greer
16 days ago
Reply to  Stephen Weiss

Here is I started.……>> https://www.Richjobz.com

Last edited 16 days ago by Sarah Greer
1 month ago

Maloney’s a Moron.
AR-15’s are not and never have been “Weapons of War. No modern Military Force has ever fielded the AR-15 since its inception. Why? Because the AR is incapable of SELECT FIRE! The AR only fires one cartridge per pull of its trigger. It doesn’t have Full Automatic or Burst rates of fire, where multiple cartridges are fired per each pull of the trigger. This is also why calling an AR an “Assault Rifle” is wrong, because it doesn’t fit the Legal Definition of Assault Rifle.

Biden and the Democrat’s are going to dick around and try to ban AR’s and confiscate them. What they’ll end up doing is starting a Civil War that they’ll lose.

FJB & FDemocrats!

Clyde
1 month ago

Actually when asked what an AR was or stood for they answered Assault Rifle, when actually it’s an Armalite Rifle.

Boaz
30 days ago

Since they screwed the entire Military and are more concerned about CRT and the 3 percenters rather than the general public, I think I know whose side they are on and some are the best leaders. We need these kind of people. We fought the British for Independence and now we have to fight the Liberal New World Order Marxist and government departments that have been weaponized against Republicans !!! Too much Illegal crap going on and Biden getting away with it. He lies snd he breaks the law and takes bribes from China and Russia. What more needs to be said? Ahh right, he must have signed a deal with the Cartels to run killer drugs and weapons across the open borders.

Rebecca Hodge
Rebecca Hodge
13 days ago
Reply to  Boaz

I am making $92 an hour working from home. i was greatly surprised at the same time as my neighbour advised me she changed into averaging $ninety five however I see the way it works now. I experience mass freedom now that I’m my non-public boss.its 100 percent true try it for once
That is what I do.. https://www.dollars11.com

Last edited 13 days ago by Rebecca Hodge
Grayshadow95
Grayshadow95
28 days ago

The Military doesn’t use the term assault rifle.
Actually, the term “assault rifle” is a term made up by liberals to make this style of semiautomatic rifles sound scary and fearsome.

21 days ago
Reply to  Grayshadow95

Just about all of the “misleading jargon” around all Semi-Automatic rifles and pistols is erroneously and provably False. Calling AR-15’s Weapons of War or Military Grade are buzzwords used solely to target and accuse owners of Anarchist leanings and potential murderers.
The truth is that just about every Firearm throughout History, has been a “Weapon of War.” But also in truth, no modern Military Force has ever fielded the AR-15, because such a force would be at a disadvantage due to its Semi-Automatic limitation. Modern Warfare requires Full Automatic or Burst Fire capable Battle Rifles, and the AR-15 doesn’t make the cut, even when equipped with Bump Stocks and Binary Triggers, the Rate of Fire from the AR, does not come close to the Rate of Fire the M16/M4 is capable of producing.
It’s debatable whether Small Arms really are Weapons of War due to their individualized usage. Explosive Ordinance that denies entire sections of the battlefield, by producing large numbers of mass casualties are the true Weapons of War.

Grizzly
1 month ago

Although the killing of innocents in Uvalde, TX was indeed horrific and evil, I don’t believe the killer could or would have fit the profile of “a white supremacist” by the very definition of “white supremacists”, they are “white” not Hispanic. Apparently Rep. Maloney very likely wouldn’t be able to offer a definition of what a “woman” is either. Does she not have the information of the crimes to use as a reference?? Pertinent information on perpetrators committing crimes, especially such heinous multiple slayings as Maloney references, has been standardly provided in reports filed by law enforcement for many, many decades. Perhaps Maloney revels in the sound of the phrase “white supremacist” and it sounds so much more menacing when used in conjunction with “weapons of war”. She like her comrades knows nothing of firearms, she is merely another self-serving politician enriching herself with riches and power off the memory of murdered children, killed by an evil madman.

Boaz
30 days ago
Reply to  Grizzly

They should be made to take a test on guns!!!!!

28 days ago
Reply to  Boaz

99.9% would fail it.

Rio
Rio
28 days ago
Reply to  Grizzly

Hispanics are categorized as White last one the Census was filled out

28 days ago
Reply to  Grizzly

I’ve been around, handled and shot guns most of my life (got my first .22 at age 8 and I’m 63 now). I don’t know a single gun owner who isn’t appalled and horrified by these Shootings, or any crime committed with a Firearm for that matter. But Gun Owners know that the Firearm is only a tool. The Violence is coming from the individuals who perpetrate these crimes, not the tool.
When has Prohibition of anything worked? Never. It didn’t work for Alcohol. It didn’t work for Drugs. Despite his lying claims, the 1994 to 2004 Assault Weapon Ban and Capacity Restriction didn’t work (a DOJ analysis found it had no effect on crime rates). Yet that’s the first thing the Left screams for whenever there’s a tragedy involving a Firearm.
Then to be forced to sit and listen to these arrogant, ignorant idiots in Congress and the Oval Office spout their stupid and provably false lies really chaps my rear.

Last edited 28 days ago by Bemused Berserker
Clyde
1 month ago

These fruitcakes in the Democrat Congress are so dumb, I would love to see them take an AR15 into combat. At least we know they would be dead in seconds with the AR as their protection!!!!!!! Mental midgets. Besides their leader and they are allowing millions of rifles to cross our southern border an they have no clue its happening and daily!

28 days ago
Reply to  Clyde

Had som Antigun Nut trolling another forum go off on me about the Vegas shooting. How the Perp fired 1,000 rounds in 10 minutes. I pointed out to him, that if the Perp would have had an M4, the rate of fire would have been 700 to 970 rounds PER MINUTE, not 100 rounds, and that same 10 minutes would equate to 7,000 to 9,700 rounds. No modern Military has ever fielded the AR-15. If one did, they’d be seriously fatal disadvantage if they did.

Boaz
30 days ago

These fkng congressional idiots are totally against Capitalism and are truly Marxist and don’t know shit about facts. They need law abiding citizens eliminated to install their Liberal New World Order!! Ain’t going to happen. Biden’s economy have pushed people to their end, they are ready to get even with somebody.

25 days ago

Is an AR-15 Ban coming soon? I think there’s a high probability the Democrats will attempt it. Will anyone comply? A few will, but the majority won’t comply. I know I won’t.

The big question is can the Democrat’s push it through? They have just a little over 4 months left to attempt it, so I think they may not have enough time. If they do manage to come up with a bill, there’s 14 GOP Quislings that will vote it, including Mitch McConnell.
It will be challenged, but it may be some time before it reached SCOTUS (if they’ll even accept the challenge).

jasmin
jasmin
9 days ago

nmk.

Clara
Clara
6 days ago

I am making $162/hour telecommuting. I never imagined that it was honest to goodness yet my closest companion is earning $21 thousand a month cdc11 by working on the web, that was truly shocking for me, she prescribed me to attempt it simply ,
COPY AND OPEN THIS SITE__________ https://www.salarybaar.com/

Last edited 6 days ago by Clara
Clara
Clara
2 days ago

I make 85 dollars each hour for working an online job at home. KLA I never thought I could do it but my best friend makes 10000 bucks every month working this job and she recommended me to learn more about it. The potential with this is endless.
For more detail … Copy Here?????  https://www.salaryto.com/